This episode was recorded on May 15, 2017, on WPRK FM. Listen to the whole conversation in the player above, or click on the links below to go to a specific segment of the show!
People I admire, people I am jealous of, people who have beards. These are just a few of the characteristics that I look for in guests, and Ryan Rivas hits a majority of them.
Publisher at Burrow Press and Literary Program Director at Page 15, Ryan is a busy guy. A busy, funny, warm, and super nice guy. Here’s what you’ll learn when you listen:
- Narwhals are amazing and real.
- “I’ve described the Orlando scene before as being more about camaraderie than competition.”
- Swear words give you power. Don’t worry, FCC, we didn’t actually use any.
- How did they get so much burrow into Burrow Press? The secret history.
- Ryan’s approach to writing versus editing.
- Choose your own adventure books were my jam. How me and Ryan got into reading.
- Ryan ranked 40th last year in the most popular names for boys in the U.S. Nick came in at 63rd.
- Everything that’s anything coming up at Burrow Press.
Music by Erik Elmore. Photo credit Delila Smalley.